Saturday, August 2, 2008

Oasis wrap made for Fiona (mumbles17)



Here is the wrap



Close up of work

Here is the wrap I made for Fiona (Mumbles 17) at Crochetville for our Summer Secret Pal Swap
This was made with Caron Naturally - Spa color: Ocean Spray same as on pattern. I knew as soon as I saw this new yarn was available I had to make the wrap for my secret pal. I was thinking this would be perfect and lightweight (she lives in AZ) I don't think she'll be using it until it is closer to fall. The yarn was a delight to work with it is a Bamboo mix - I wased it before sending and I was a wee bit neverous about it but as you can see (this is fresh out of the washer) that it is still wonderful. I would like to work with it again however I would like to make my self a soft scarf. Not necessarily a winter one but one that I could use in the fall/spring when you are not yet wearing winter coats.
Oh the pattern http://naturallycaron.com/projects/oasis/oasis_1.html
There are a lot more lovely patterns on this web site - more colors of yarn at the store (in my area only available at Joann's)

No comments: